Thursday 4 February 2016

Trendy tulips...

Mother
Hey!

Happy Friday Eve and welcome back to the Clearly Besotted teasers from the February release! If you're new to the teasing, then be sure to check out Day 1 and Day 2 of the sneak peeks too. All of the new goodies will be available to purchase from 5th February 10pm GMT (tomorrow!)

Now I know what you're thinking. More flowers, Aimes? Really? Stick with me though. I've kept my promise from yesterday and today's card features a sneak peek of a different set. Yup, those tulips are from the 'With Love' mini stamp set and they feature multilayer stamps which means you'll be stamping detailed tulips in no time. :)

I decided to stamp a lovely row of tall tulips for today's card and then the rest of the card kinda just happened. I had some of the yummy Crate Paper Hello, Love papers left on my desk from creating this card so I decided to use them again. I like to think the striped paper used on the card front adds a trendy touch to the design. Tulips can be trendy, right?

tips and tricks
  • I lightly blended Broken China Distress Ink along the bottom of my stamped tulips to ground them a little.  It makes so much difference! 
  • Confession: I stamped the sentiment with a little too much space above it for my liking. I didn't want to trim the panel down any further, so I simply added a strip of glitter tape across the top to balance the space a little more.  This is our little secret, OK? 
  • When working with striped paper, I always consider whether horizontal or vertical stripes will work best for the design. Horizontal worked best here as it contrasts against the vertical tulips. 
Want to see more sneak peeks? Then hop across to Stephanie's to check out more peeks of the release along with links to the amazingly talented Design Team sharing even more lovely projects to tease you with.

The full reveal of the release is tomorrow (yay!) and I'll be back with one more final card. I hope you can come chick check it out...hee hee!

Signature2

5 comments:

Michelle Short said...

So pretty! Love it, Aimes xx

the Blackbird said...

This card is so inspiring! TFS
Cristina
thehouseoftheblackbirds.blogspot.it

Maureen said...

How did you know I love pink tulips? These are so pretty, Duchess ox

Ruth said...

They are beautiful tulips - CB does flowers so well! I won't tell a soul about that glitter strip, but it works really well :)

Unknown said...

Beautiful card, I love the design! Txt for always sharing the tips, I love reading them. Enjoy your weekend.

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.