Monday 31 March 2014

#congratulations

"YAY" #congratulations
Hey!

Happy Monday! It's a crazy, tired, busy one after one wonderful weekend with Clearly Besotted Stamps peeps Stephanie, Caryn (and Stephanie's husband, Dean!) promoting CBS at a show on Saturday and teaching a CBS workshop on Sunday (Check out my Facebook page or Instagram for pics of it.) Such fun, but I'm playing catch up with sleep now - especially after losing an hour (hello, BST! :D)

But tired or not, nothing stops for some sneaky peeks Top Dog Dies stylee:


Yup, this week the Top Dog Dies design team are sharing some projects created using the new Top Dog Dies release that will be available for purchase April 5th.

"YAY" 
#congratulations

As a literacy teacher, my heart skipped a beat when I spotted this speech mark die from the Top Dog Dies Camera Finishers set. I'm a sucker for punctuation.  It then skipped a little faster when I saw the hashtag die too! So combining the two, I created a card suited to congratulating someone who is a tweeter or tech savvy at least. :)

"Yay" -  Close Up
I used the Top Dog Dies Vintage Alphabet Die to create my main sentiment and some silver, scrap, sparkly, sticky, stuff to die cut from. 
tips and tricks
  • To keep the hashtag flush with the white panel, I removed the white hashtag that was created with the die and inserted one die cut from black card. To keep it secure, I simply adhered a thin strip of card behind it.
  • I went a little patterned paper crazy here! I find that if I'm struggling to use a detailed pattern, then it usually makes a nice background pattern for a card and makes a tiny dent in the huge stash of the stuff that I'm hoarding LOL!
  •  The hashtag die comes in a frame that is longer than this. I simply trimmed it down to fit my sentiment on but you can fit longer sentiments on it if you wish! 
  • Like the idea of a hashtag greeting? Keep it authentic and don't have spaces in-between stamped words: e.g #happybirthday . Simply ink up each word separately and stamp them close together. 
It's going to be a crazy week here on the blogeroo so I hope you can stay tuned. I have a couple more projects to share with the new Top Dog Dies release as well as the sneaky peeks of the new Clearly Besotted Stamps release. Crazy, busy times ahead!

*Shameless Plug Alert!*
As always, I'm so grateful and thankful for your visits! If you like visiting here, then I'd really appreciate it if you could possibly vote for me as I've been shortlisted in a competition to find the UK's best arts and crafts blog. Thank you! ;)

Thanks so much for stopping by today!


Signature2



Products Used
New Top Dog Dies products will be added once they're available for purchase. :)

5 comments:

Chunyuan said...

awesome card. Voted for you!

Taheerah said...

So funny and fun Aimes! Gotta say I am a sucker for all that punctuation too!

Janis said...

Voted for you, with pleasure. Your blog is #awesome!!!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

Shona Chambers said...

Love the card, especially the background paper!! I tried to vote for you but seems you to have to tweet to vote and I don't use twitter, sorry about that, wish there was some other way I could vote!!

Petti said...

I tried to vote for you (love your blog) but it requires twitter which I don't...
Best of luck to you!

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.