Wednesday 20 February 2013

My kinda baking!

Happy Birthday

Hey!

So I'm going to be honest with you. I'm not the world's best baker. I'm an avid fan the Great British Bakeoff, but I struggle to bake. Why am I telling you this? Well because today's card is an example of my baking style. No, not baking cakes, but stamping them! :)

Today's card is for our new font-astic challenge on A Passion for Papertrey. We want to see peeps mix 'n' match fonts on their creations. All of the various fonts stamped on this card came from a single stamp set: Birthday Bash Sentiments. 
tips and tricks
  • Be sure to have a practise at stamping your cake. See what size fonts work best together and get an idea for how big your cake is going to be before trimming a piece of cardstock to stamp on.
  •  I found it easier to stamp from the bottom layer up. Find the central point of the card, lightly mark and start stamping. Be careful if using pigment inks, as rubbing out the light mark will cause the ink to smudge - a dye ink wont smudge. 
This card will be heading to my brother for his birthday. I see it as my way of baking a birthday cake for him. I'd never bake for him, as he's a very good cook/baker himself. I guess he got my share of the cooking/baking genes in the family....

Yup, I'll stick to 'baking' cards for now....!

Signature2






Products Used







10 comments:

Taheerah said...

Mmmm, your card tastes good Aimes, lol! Love how you create this sort of card with such ease - I love creating my own sentiments and mixing/matching - but it's never centralised enough for my liking!!

Lynn said...

Love your color combo and your stamping is absolutely fabulous. I'm right there with you...only bake a couple of things! My boys know to go to Aunt Cindy or Nana for baked goods :)!

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

Your brother will love it, fab design Aimes.
Great challenge too, I hope to find time and join in :)
Hugs,

Katie x

Ginny said...

Such a great card....using different fonts to create a cake! Hmmm.....I know it's much harder than it looks, though, and you pulled it off beautifully. Love the gray and yellow ink combo.

Laurie said...

LOVE! So much. CAS and gorgeous white space! love. :)

Elena said...

Nice! The colors are so light and airy - love it!

Emily Leiphart said...

This is the perfect cake, Aimes! I love the colours and sentiments you used!

Tracey said...

LOVE this!!

Debby said...

My type of baking, my type of colours, my type of type!

Jenny said...

I've never tried this technique but it looks fabulous.... this style of cake-baking doesn't leave you with loads of washing up either!! Lol
Jenny x

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.