Tuesday 8 June 2010

Good Old Days...

Hey!

Phew it's been a while since I've posted - sorry! These first few days back at work make me SO tired - I literally just 'zonk' as soon as I shut the front door behind me after work until I can get my sleeping back on track (yes, I know I shouldn't stay up late in the holidays but I just can't help it!)

Speaking of work, a totally crazy thing happened today that I'll share with y'all (skip to the card if you're not interested!). A group of staff and students (including myself) were sat in a classroom at break time. I , as usual, was sat with my cup of tea just chatting away when I felt something on my head......all of a sudden we heard this loud creak and we all stopped dead......then that something on my head felt like something a little more significant......CRACK! The plasterboard caved in and dropped directly above me! I moved at a speed I didn't think I was capable of! Luckily we all dived out of the way in time, no-one was hurt and the thing I'm most proud of; I didn't spill a spot of tea! Saved it all, every single last drop! However, we're now without our classroom for a few weeks until we can get a new ceiling. Ah the joys of work LOL!

Anyways onto the card - I'm still here to tell the tale from today and share my card with you :D

I'm still on my long, tall, skinny card fix at the mo! This was for a PTI Peeps Colour Challenge set by Lori. We had to make a card using red and green and make sure it wasn't Christmas themed. Now I confess I cheated a little by using Kraft too but trust me, it just looked so much better on the Kraft than on a white card blank!

I was on a technique roll with this card - a spot of stitching as well as some distressing and of course some shading too on that oh so comfy chair! I'll confess it's the first ink that quote and cat have seen, but it won't be the last! That sweet cat reminds me of my old cat Jo-Jo who kept me in good company growing up; only he'd always sleep on the floor in a good spot where the sun shines through the window or in front of the fireplace for so long that when I went to stroke him I almost burned my hand LOL!

Card Recipe
PTI Supplies
Stamps: On My Couch/On My Couch Additions/PTI Anniversary Set
Ink: Spring Moss/Memento Black
Card: Kraft/Stamper's Select White/Spring Moss
Papers: Pure Poppy Bitty Dot Basics
Accessories: Promarkers/PTI Medium Scalloped Die/Cotton Thread/Pure Poppy Vintage Buttons/Fresh Snow Twill Ribbon


So I hope this counts for the challenge because I'm still behind even with this one done! LOL!

Well I hope your week has been slightly less scary than mine so far - who knows what drama tomorrow will bring?! ;D

Catch ya later!

Aimes
x

20 comments:

Ann said...

Cute card! I love the dots and the colors...I agree the kraft looks great! :D

Emma said...

Oh my goodness Aimes - I am so glad of your cat like reflexes and very apt considering your gorgeous challenge card.

You do this size card so well. You seem to achieve great balance and proportion on this too along with all the other scrumptiousness going on (especially lovin that anniversary background :D)

Be safe and have a great week :D

Emma x

Kathy Martin said...

Darling card! Love the kitty curled up on the chair! :)

Unknown said...

Beautiful card Aimes!! everything looks perfect..and what an incident!! good u were fast...be proud of yourself! if it was me the tea would be all over me..lol..glad you are safe..:)

Unknown said...

Crumbs that was a close one Aimes! I'm dead impressed you didn't spill your tea...lol

Really love your skinny cards, wished I could do them but I get stuck as to how to fill up the blank spaces.

Note to self....must try harder to do what Aimes does.

J x

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Excellent card! Love the layout. You certainly are one lucky lady after what happened at the school. Take care!

Karen B. said...

Oh my, glad to hear that you aren't hurt, and this card is fantastic! Love the design and the colors, and everything about it.

Dana said...

Let me get this straight...a PLASTER CEILING FELL ON YOUR HEAD and you SAVED YOUR TEA! *sigh* a girl after my own heart. *wink*
Glad you can move quickly AND steadily Amines. Whewww.
I can never do red/green cards without it looking Christmas-y so I was uber-impressed with this one. LOVE the comfy chair and tall format. You rock.

Sharron said...

Fabulous card! I have used the kitty several times but never the sentiment. I need to get it out--perfect for your skinny card! Goodness, what a scary event. Good thing you got a little warning and were able to move!!

peggysue said...

I like the tall and skinny, looks marvelous!

Maureen said...

the roof fell in? How does that happen? I'm so glad it wasn't that serious...but don't you need to stay home a couple of days to get over the trauma? ;) Gorgeous colours and sentiment and I agree, kraft was the right choice...it makes everything yummy!!! Like chocolate and lattes (for me) or tea lattes for you :)

Heather P. said...

Wow, what a story!! So GLAD you were able to dive out of the way before the ceiling caved. Yikes!

Love this card, too, the unusual size is just FAB!

~amy~ said...

OMGoodness!!!! I'm sooo glad that you didn't get hurt..good grief...and you saved your tea...wonderwoman...indeed!

I love your tall/skinny card...aha...I see that you and machiney have kissed and made up? LOL

Carly said...

I am so lovin' your card! The tall skinny design and fabulous layout just work so well! And that's one crazy story! Good to hear everyone got out of the way.

Terri said...

That is quite a story. Glad you were not hurt. You are to funny about not spilling any of your tea in the process. Cute card. I like the kraft too.

nasuha ahmad helmi said...

hi aimes,thanks for visiting my blOg. =)
yOu have such a nice card here,like you always do =)
take care and have a nice day!

Rhonda said...

I like your tall cards. You guys weren't reading Ckn Little at the time of the ceiling collapse were you? Glad you are OK.

Nerina said...

I'm just lovin' all this goodness Aimes! That tall skinny card thing is really rocking right now! I love your chair AND your sweet kitty cat - so glad he'll be re-appearing too! I really love all of the techniques that made their way onto this one - it's looking totally and completely fabby!

P.S. WTG not spilling your tea! I'm so glad to hear you weren't hurt!!! :-0!!

Cammie said...

Ahh yes, another joy of teaching...saving oneself and one's tea from a collapsing ceiling. Kudos to you for being so speedy and steady. I had falling ceiling tiles in my classroom a few times.
Another great card, Aimes! Both of my cats are taking their morning siestas in chairs right now.

Jenny said...

Wonderful card, love it!! :) :) :)

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.