Wednesday 17 February 2010

Holiday Tree in Spring?

Hey!

Happy Wednesday! Can't believe it's Wednesday already - why do the days fly by when you're off work?!

Just had a little time to get inky this week so far and challenged myself to something that I don't really consider 'my style' (whatever that is!)

I dunno about you but I'm so ready for Spring now! I'm hoping this card will encourage the blossom on the trees to...well...um...blossom!

You can probably see that I've got even more use out of my Holiday Tree set by disguising it as blossom filled beauty using various dots from my Polka Dots II set. I'd love to say this was my original idea but it was this card by Maile Belles that got the idea started. That lady has more talent in her pinky than I could ever aspire to have!

I had to cut out the tree as in my typical clumsiness I'd dropped my acrylic block, giving me a nice big Hibiscus Burst splodge next to my tree! This then cued me to create a little pretty scene with some rolling hills and a cute cloud.

Card Recipe
Stamps: Holiday Tree/Polka Dot Basics II/Daily Designs Sentiments
Ink: Dark Chocolate/Hibiscus Burst/Sweet Blush/Raspberry Fizz
Cardstock: Stamper's Select White/Aqua Mist/Bitty Box Basics Spring Rain and Ripe Avocado
Accessories: Cream Ribbon Twine/Hibiscus Burst Button


Well I know it's kinda different but I hope you like it and that it encourages Spring to come soon!

Thanks so much for stopping by, I really do appreciate it!

Catch ya later!
Aimes
x

Edited to add: just realised my love of polka dots on this tree means I can enter it into Lucy's card challenge - yay! Just in the nick of time as always LOL!

30 comments:

Caryn said...

This is gorgeous Aimes, what a great use of the holiday tree set. I don't know about Spring though, when I got up this morning, everything is white again!!!
Hugs,
Caryn xxx

Alex said...

Super card Aimes, just love the soft pretty colours and the rolling hills :)

Have a good week,

Alex x

Linz said...

it's a really cute card aimes - and a great use of 'christmas' stamps ;)

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

Your card is adorable Aimes, you really have made the most of your stamp! It's always great fun to try something different and this prooves it, well done xx

Monica Gale said...

Aimes this is just beautiful xxx

Taheerah said...

Love the colours on this Aimes, really sweet and pretty! It's great fun to try things out of your comfort zone isn't it?!

And I know what you mean about Maile Belles, she's just in a league of her own!!

Sherry said...

What a wonderful card!! Very creative...great colors!

Courtney Baker said...

Oh I love how you did the tree so cute. Such a cute card girl!

Angy said...

C-U-T-E!!! I may have to CASE this - I know exactly which card you are talking about because I was inspired by it as well.

Lucy Abrams said...

Adorable card Aimes - love the polka dot tree. the little scene is so sweet. Bring on Spring :)

Sue Ann said...

Beautiful card and great idea to use the tree to bring spring to us. Really pretty

Ted said...

Aimes, I love this card and I really need to try that idea with using patterned paper as hills. Love it! And yes... the days DO fly when we have time off. I'm off all this week and I can't believe it's Wednesday already. Makes me hunger for summer! ;)

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Cute! Cute! Cute! Your spring blossom tree is adorable on those hills. Great job!

Heather P. said...

Oh my word, I just LOVE this! What a fabulous little scene, and I could *totally* use some Spring!! :)

Linda W said...

What a fabulous card! Love the tree and the way you pieced the hills from Bitty Box Basics. What's that quote? Necessity is the mother of creativity??

Maile Belles said...

This is too cute! Love how you turned the holiday tree into a spring tree and the sentiment on the cloud is such an adorable idea! I always manage to drop my inked stamps onto my freshly stamped images, lol!

shery said...

nice and simple card

Terri said...

Great job! Love the rolling hills. I could definitely use some spring too!

Diane Jaquay said...

This is really FAB Aimes, and thanks for the reminder that Holiday Tree is for a lot more than just Christmas!!

Anonymous said...

Aimes... Oh my goodness, I love your spring card. Super cute!

Becky said...

I {heart} this :)

Maureen said...

I think it's working...we are at 10 degrees!! with sunshine!!Thanks!! I love the rolling hills coverup...I can so relate to that :) They need to invent an ink eraser. Yes, come to Canada!! It's so beautiful here in B.C.!! You are so lucky to be off for part of the Olympics so you can stay up late and watch...that's one nice thing about having it here...normal hours...although they replay a lot over the day :) So loving your new other "style." :)

Sharron said...

Love your little tree--so cute! Looks fab on the fun little hill too. It is actually a little warmer here today and we had sun. There are a few green shoots peaking through so only hope we don't get another hard freeze!

Jennifer K said...

Aimes, this totally works. I really, really love it. It's a great scene. And, I, too wish Spring would hurry up

Ann said...

This is super cute! I love how you disguised your "mistake." Keep this in mind, though: "There are no mistakes...only embellishment opportunities." :D

Rhonda said...

This is so cute! love how you are using your stamp sets for "other" occasions.

Shauna said...

This card (and the beautiful sunshine outside) are making me very excited that it's spring! I love that little tree.

Vanessa said...

Oh spring where are you??? Ha, on your card! Love everything about it! This tree is perfect!

Hugs,
Vanessa xx

Daniela F. said...

Oh, this spring cards looks so fabulous!! Love how you were able to turn your Christmas tree into something unexpected. Spring weather would be much appreciated here, too! Where's global warming when you need it?? ;-) At least, I've already spotted some lady bugs!

Niki Estes said...

Oh, I love this, Aimes! The patterned paper hills and the polka dot tree are so cute!

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.