Saturday 13 June 2009

Inspirations and Themes Challenge

Hey!

What a GORGEOUS Saturday! I hope you've all managed to get a good dose of vitamin D (safely of course!)

Today I decided to play along with the Inspirations and Themes Challenge No.21 over on the ILWS forum. It's always set by my amazingly talented stamping buddy, Kate. For this challenge, we had to get inspiration from this pic:I actually wouldn't mind this for my own bed! It's so bright and fresh! Might have to take a trip to John Lewis sooner rather than later...LOL!

I kinda struggled to find exact matches within my cardstock selection so picked what I thought came the closest! I also really wanted to try my hand at making my own embellishment and Dawn McVey has recently posted a fab tutorial on how to make your own flowers. Although the thought of tearing my sacred PTI cardstock unerved me somewhat, I was up for the challenge!

This is what I came up with:I know - NO STAMPING! As I was making it I kept thinking what to stamp where but in the end decided against any stamping - I think it's nice and simple as it stands at the minute. Actually, the more I look at it, the more I think I need to add something! Maybe a little tag under that flower...Oh I dunno but I think it may need something! Actually I think I need to get rid of that Plum Pudding - it kinda dominates the card! Oh well, too late now - it's all firmly stuck down!

Card Recipe
(All PTI Supplies!)
Stamps: NONE!
Ink: NONE!
Card: Spring Rain, Spring Moss, Plum Pudding, Sweet Blush (Bitty Dots Basic)
Accessories: White Gel Pen, Cuttlebug, Embossing Folder Swiss Dot, Dark Chocolate Topnotch Twill, White Vintage Button, DMC Jewel Embroidery Thread

Right I'm off to make some tea - I'm starving!

Catch ya later!

Aimes
x

5 comments:

Emma said...

Oh Aimes, I feel at bit week at knees seeing this. This is so my style, it has to be my favourite of yours. Classy, gorgeous colours, the flower, everything!

It's just too darn cute!

Unknown said...

A very stunning card Amy!! you do fab work!! love your poppy cards too!

Nancy L. said...

Very pretty card! I know what you mean about tearing up the PTI cs!! But your flower is beautiful!

Ann said...

Gorgeous, Aimes! I love it!

Kim J. said...

Aimes, this card is beautiful! I love the color blocks -- perfect for that inspiration photo.

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.