Friday 17 April 2009

I'm back!

Hey!

I'm back! Sorry it's been a while but it took me a little while to get over my jet lag and on top of that I had to visit loadsa family and collect some surprise Easter treats as well as delivering some Canadian treats too! I hope you all had a lovely Easter break too! I've not started any of my choccie treats yet, surely that proves just how hectic things have been - not even time to scoff chocolate!

Canada was AMAZING! I just love to visit that country! I do have pics but to transfer them from the camera to the PC involves my boyfriend as we used his camera (his is much better than mine!) and so I'm hoping he'll get a move on and do it tomorrow so I can share a couple with you.

You won't be surprised to find that I did manage to visit a couple of craft shops out in Toronto and spend a little. All in aid to help the economy you understand LOL! Although I could have visited a few more stores, I don't think my dollars would have stretched any more than they already had!

So in between unpacking, sleeping and visiting I did manage to visit my little piece of Heaven known as my crafting corner! It's my nephew's birthday tomorrow so I had to whip up a card quick, the perfect excuse to crack open some of my new purchases to play with!
As you can tell, I'm becoming quite a fan of grungeboard. It's so fab and funky to play with! I coloured the shapes with acrylic paint, adding a bit of detail with my beloved white gel pen. The 'today' sentiment (if you can call it a sentiment!) was done with my old Dymo label machine that I found whilst rooting through my shelves for something completely different! To add a bit more depth I sponged the edges of the blue and green card with ink, the camera doesn't pick this up too well but it's more noticeable IRL - honest!
I decided to try to decorate the inside of the card too - something I'm beginning to do more and more! I used the die-cut sheet of grungeboard as a stencil for the skull and arrow shape and coloured using a promarker; I wished I had a lighter grey as I was hoping for a more subtle effect but hey, it doesn't look that bad!

Card Recipe
Stamp: Personal Impressions: Happy Birthday (Inside the card!)
Card: Doodlebug Bazzill: Swimming Pool, Limeade; Cosmo Cricket: Twist & Shout
Ink: Adirondack Stonewashed, SU! Old Olive
Accessories: Grungeboard, Acrylic Paint, Dymo Machine, White Gel Pen, Promarkers, Brads

Thanks for stopping by and hopefully I'll have a couple of pics from my holiday to show you next time! Don't panic, I won't post a slide-show that will last for hours!

Right then, off for a little blog hop to see what you've all been up to while I've been away!
Catch ya later!

Aimes
x

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Welcome back my love - I've missed you!! Sounds like you had a wonderful time & I can't wait to see your pictures :)

Can't believe you've managed to make such a delightful card already (took me a week after holiday to rustle one up lol)

So glad you've been doing your bit for the Canadan economy - you must show us the goodies!

Hugs, Steph xxx

Alex said...

Welcome back to good old England, I can't wait to see some of your holidays pictures, sounds like you had a great time and it's lovely to hear that you've done a bit for the Canadian economy :)

Catch up with you soon.

Alex x

Sarah B said...

Hi Aimes, love the card, Hugs Sarah B X, Ps: glad you are back its been very quiet on here this holiday X

debbi taylor said...

Hello! the trouble with watercolouring is I very rarely make cards lol - just images!

Emma said...

I see you already have this award but it must mean your blog makes people smile twice as much hee.

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.